Virteva invites you to join us at our Minneapolis headquarters on January 28 for the first of our Virteva Cloud Series seminars, where we’ll take an in depth look at a recent high profile Virteva-led Microsoft Azure deployment.
Virteva conducted an ambitious project initiative that saw the complete creation and deployment of a new web hosting platform for GCI (www.gci.com), built and run entirely on Microsoft’s Azure cloud platform integrating both Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) capabilities.
Virteva Cloud Series: Thursday, Jan. 28, 2016
Registration: 7:30 a.m.
Presentation: 8:00 to 9:00 a.m.
Q & A: 9:00 to 9:30 a.m.
What you’ll learn:
- Speed: GCI required a rapid cloud-based implementation of a web hosting platform that had a timing goal far more ambitious than any prior efforts they had undertaken.
- Flexibility: Taking advantage of Azure’s broad array of features and services, we’ll showcase how Virteva was able to integrate a mixture of IaaS & PaaS elements.
- Efficiency: Operating on a “pay-as-you-go” model, Virteva was able to design and configure the GCI Azure environment to operate at peak efficiency throughout continuous fluctuations in demand on the web platform.
Azure IaaS Components Design & Configuration
- Virtual network and hybrid connectivity configuration and design
- Network Load Balancer integration and encryption configuration
- Environment snapshot/cloning on demand
- Marketplace-sourced tools and services integration
- Hybrid connectivity between on-premises and Azure environments
Raffle prize for those onsite: Microsoft Surface, must be present to win
Onsite: Virteva Headquarters, 6110 Golden Hills Drive, Golden Valley, MN 55416
Webinar: Join via Skype
Based in Anchorage, AL, GCI is the largest residential and business communications service provider to residents of Alaska, including Cable Television, internet access, and both wireline and cellular telephone services.