Tennant - Managed Service Desk
“Staffing and managing a 12x5 IT service desk for a mid-market global manufacturing company is enormously challenging. The high turnover rate of staffed and contracted employees makes it difficult to manage knowledge transfer and maintain IT consistent service levels. Using Virteva’s managed service desk has greatly simplified a higher quality service with 24x7 coverage for my employees.” – Paul Wellman – CIO at Tennant Company
- Providing consistent support to the various regions of the world, the Americas, EMEA and APAC was a challenge due to the staffing mix of employees and contractors. This created many inconsistencies in knowledge transfer as well as maintaining any type of service levels as staff rotated in and out of the company.
- Staffing the service desk internally, was not only costly, but only provided five days a week, 12 hours a day coverage which was insufficient for a global manufacturing company.
- Ongoing attrition of the service desk personnel, and lack of management oversight resulted in daily complaints from the end user community.
- No reporting capabilities.
- Virteva could provide a global 24x7x365 Service Desk to all of Tennant’s global locations.
- Virteva was benchmarked against other providers and a key differentiator was that Virteva was on-shore and local, versus other providers located offshore.
- Staff management was no longer a concern for Tennant management.
- Virteva provided an established ITSM platform through ServiceNow that they manage and maintain.
- 24x7x365 Global Service Desk that serves all our locations in the Americas, EMEA and APAC.
- End User satisfaction is increased and the CIO no longer receives complaints about the Service Desk, Allows Tennant management to focus on their business and what they do best.
- Service Account Manager – Tennant has a voice within Virteva through the Service Account Manager. They help us understand the SLA performance, trending analysis and any challenges faced by either party to ensure we maintain a strong partnership.