Virteva is an independent managed IT services firm headquartered in Minneapolis MN, offering IT consulting and uniquely efficient IT solutions.
MSP Code of Ethics
The MSPAlliance Managed Service Provider's Code of Ethics & Conduct provides a clearly defined set of standards that every Alliance member agrees to meet and uphold. It covers key areas such as client confidentiality, avoiding conflicts of interests, and dealing with customers in a professional manner every step of the way.
The MSPAlliance is the only industry organization with this kind of written commitment. It’s another reason why you can trust doing business with a member of the MSPAlliance.
This Code puts forth the professional standards required by MSPAlliance (MSPA) members as a condition of membership.
The Code applies to members as well as non-members who offer their services as part of their MSPAlliance Membership.
The Code guides the personal conduct of each individual member of the MSPA.
Public and Client Welfare
- Virteva will endeavor to perform its work with care and professionalism according to the appropriate authority's requirements, and the interests of end-users. If Virteva’s professional judgment is not followed, Virteva will provide an explanation as to the likely risks and consequences.
- In our professional capacity, Virteva will have regard for the public health, safety and the environment.
- Virteva will have regard for the rights of third parties, including professional colleagues or members of 'the public' who might be affected by a managed services project.
- Within our area of professional expertise Virteva will have knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, regulations and standards, as well as comply with such requirements. In the international context, Virteva will be aware of, and understand, the requirements of law specific to the jurisdiction within which Virteva is working, and, where relevant, to supranational legislation (i.e., EU legislation).
- Virteva will conduct its professional activities without discrimination against clients or colleagues.
Avoiding Conflict of Interest
- Virteva will avoid any situation that may create a conflict of interest between Virteva and our client. Virteva will make full and immediate disclosure to them if any conflict is likely to occur.
- Virteva will reject any offer of bribery or inducement.
Client Confidentiality & Representation
- Virteva will not disclose or authorize to be disclosed, or use for personal gain or to benefit a third party, confidential information except with the permission of our appropriate authority, or at the direction of a court of law.
- Virteva will not misrepresent or withhold information on the performance of products, systems or services, or take advantage of the lack of knowledge or inexperience of others.
Managed Services Profession
- Virteva will uphold the reputation and good standing of the MSPA in particular, and the managed services profession in general, and will seek to improve professional standards through participation in their development, use and enforcement.
- Virteva will act with integrity in its relationships with all members of MSPA and with members of other professions with whom Virteva works in a professional capacity.
- Virteva will have regard for the possible consequences of our statements on others. Virteva will not make any public statement in its professional capacity unless Virteva is properly qualified and, where appropriate, authorized to do so.
- Virteva will notify MSPA if convicted of a criminal offense or upon becoming bankrupt or disqualified as Company Executive.
Professional Advancement and Education
- Virteva will seek to upgrade its professional knowledge and skill, and will maintain awareness of technological developments, procedures and standards which are relevant to its field, and encourage its subordinates to do likewise.
Managed Services Professional Competence and Integrity
- Virteva will not hold itself out as an expert in an area where it is not. Virteva will only offer to do work or provide a service that is within its professional competence.
- Virteva will observe the relevant MSPA Codes of Practice and all other standards which, in its judgment, are relevant, and Virteva will encourage its colleagues to do likewise.
- Virteva will accept professional responsibility for its work and for the work of colleagues who operate under its supervision.